Underneath our cultural mythology lies a private desire waiting to be expressed. In many cases, this desire lives as a quiet voice inside your head, commonly known as your “conscience.” In healthy cases, your conscience will guide your life with virtue, and you will create a happy and successful life. In unhealthy cases, your conscience will rebel against the rest of the world’s advice, and you will live in a constant state of rejection, rejecting even your own happiness and success. In almost all cases, your conscience is “quiet,” or a little voice in your head. Piled upon it are all the necessary filters of our popular societal and cultural conditionings. For example, everyone has to grow up and get a job, mother knows best, what will the neighbors think, life isn’t fair, and lastly, my favorite piece of cultural “wisdom,” everyone has to pay taxes and die. These powerful beliefs become the loudest voices in the room, and your quiet voice becomes harder to reason with.
Desire be as it may, your will to experience your own life the way you want peaks its head up from time to time to remind you of your own significance and the so-far-unmet dreams.
I am not here to call out everything wrong in the world and build my army to bring about a new world order. My intention is to strengthen all the inner voices that call for authenticity. If turned inward to properly listen to that quiet voice, your inner ear will hear that your quiet voice has within it a life that is full of real knowledge and happiness beyond popular methods of measurement. As an extra bonus, having a greater understanding of who you are brings a deep and dynamic understanding of your life purpose.
Yes, I do believe in such wild ideas.
Beyond our popular archetypes where princes go off to save beautiful and vibrant princesses from wild beasts of horror is a land of clarity and universal wisdom that does not end with the sun setting on a cowboy’s back.
Your life has two paths (many more, but for time’s sake, two) where on one you live out the past drama of memory — not only yours, but everyone’s recorded thoughts, especially those closest to you. Your day to day life is filled with fixing broken ideas and mending sad hearts. Very little new thought arises for introspection because it might invalidate the suffering of everyone around you.
The second path is more true to the natural state of evolution.
Wisdom, unseen by the naked eye, is omnipresent and guiding each action back to its proper place of balance. Human desire is inspired to manifest more physical experience of unseen wisdom that is created in the Mind. Finally, the individual Mind, when properly attuned to the most current state of natural evolution, becomes harmonious with all timeless Wisdom. On this path, when you listen to your conscience, your life is inspired by up to the millisecond Wisdom. Your dreams or inspirations are not silly fantasies; they are intelligent blueprints for future creations. If chosen and acted upon, the journey to physical manifestation comes naturally paired with life-lessons aimed at a greater understanding of Self, Humanity, and the greater Cosmos. And, at the end of your day even your dreams become evolved into grander and more encompassing dreams.
Are you expecting me to give you more? Maybe a couple bullet points to support this life-changing transition…
Okay, but this is just to get you started.
- First: never, never try to rebel against your natural state. If you find yourself acting out, playing that old record of pain and suffering, allow yourself the delicacy I like to call compassion. Remember, you are always evolving, even amid all those nasty little buggers we call conditioning.
- When you wake up in the morning ask yourself the question: What is true for you? And, most importantly, sit around long enough for that inner voice to respond. Just because your Facebook loads at the speed of light doesn’t mean your inner wisdom awaits your fancy anytime you are inspired to ask a question.
- Stop asking for advice. No one knows you better than you. Your life is your own adventure, and while there may be others who join you from time to time, their responses will always come from their own pool of wisdom. While their answers in most cases will be logical, they will be based on their old knowledge. (Not in ALL cases, but to be on the safe side 99.99%)
- If you don’t agree with the above mentioned advice (yes, I understand that this too is advice), ask your own conscience if the advice was worthy of your action and judgements. Advice centered on technical nature is good. Inspiration almost always comes in the form of a blueprint, thus taking on advisors to make technical calls is important until you can safely make those calls yourself. Remember this is a j o u r n e y. You will learn both inner wisdom inspired from a timeless place and worldly matters necessary in physically creating your dreams.
- Lastly, and most importantly, never doubt your inner voice. All wisdom that is found within, centered around an earnest desire, comes from a place of truth, your own truth. Each adventurous answer will have major and minor life lessons. Just because you find yourself in low spirits doesn’t mean you failed or made a bad decision. On the contrary, you are EVOLVING into the person in which your dreams are a physical reality.
I know I am presenting a rather new, possibly even uncomfortable, concept, but the only thing at stake here is you and a life lived by your own private desires and dreams. This world, if it needs anything, is a dreamer that has awoken to create their own inspirations. The current crumbling society is waiting for answers that cannot be found in the rubble of the past.